TRAIL DAYS - Meadow Trail Connector, August 5th
Saturday August 5, 2017 will be the second very special Trail Day for the Mammoth Lakes Trail System this summer, as we gather to work on and celebrate the grand opening of the Meadow Trail Connector, the second new trail in the Sherwins from the Sherwins Area Recreation Plan (SHARP). Conceived by members of the Sherwins Working Group in 2009 and documented in SHARP, the Meadow Trail Connector will be the second new trail to be built in the Sherwins this summer with a ribbon cutting at 1:00 PM after completing our day of trail work.
Please join Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra and Mammoth Brewing Company at 8:30 AM on Saturday, August 5 at the Sherwins Trailhead next to the propane tanks on Sherwin Creek Road parking lot. Follow the signs for a free bagel breakfast brought to you by Old New York Deli, along with a safety talk and work assignments. Volunteers will be conducting trail construction and finish work on the new Meadow Trail Connector, installing new directional trail signs, and conducting general trail maintenance and clean-up efforts on nearby trails. Volunteers will get an introduction to trail maintenance techniques, and those interested in being regular members of the Mammoth Lakes Trail System stewardship team should be sure to come get trained up for future Trail Day projects.
PLEASE NOTE: Thanks to Mammoth Brewing, all volunteers for this special day of trail work will receive Bluesapalooza wrist bands for either Saturday night or Sunday music!
- A free gourmet lunch brought to you by Volunteer Eastern Sierra and Bleu Handcrafted Foods will cap off your day of trail work, along with raffle prizes, free giveaways, and very special gift certificates in honor of former Council Member Skip Harvey. All ages and abilities are welcome, and we love to see families and clubs. Please arrive dressed for trail work (gloves, long pants, sun protection, sturdy close-toed shoes), and don't worry if you can't make it right at 8:30; we can check you in and send you off to a task in progress just about any time before 10:30 a.m.
- Trail Days are made possible by the Town of Mammoth Lakes, Inyo National Forest, Mammoth Lakes Recreation, and Mammoth's own Measure R! And thanks to KMMT Radio for providing some priceless airtime to let everybody in on the fun. Close-toed shoes and long pants required; please carpool if you can. Visit mltpa.org for event details or call me at (760) 914-1769.
- A second brand new trail in the Sherwins and Bluesapalooza tickets for all the Trail Days volunteers - nothing beats summer on the Mammoth Lakes Trail System!
- See you bright and early on Saturday, August 5th!
Trails Coordinator Mammoth Lakes Trail System
- Joel Rathje, Trails Coordinator - 6 years, 2 months ago